Oh hiiii! I’m still here! And it’s Friday, so lesdoit.
- Totally have reached the point where when I call or text people they think it’s baby time. I actually thought it might happen yesterday, but turns out when you go into labor you KNOW. I have this weird fear that I’m going to “miss” it? And like… birth a baby in the tub with the dogs staring me and Brandon just shaking in a corner wondering where life went wrong. Is this normal? Don’t answer that.
- So if you have instagram or facebook or eyes, you probably know it was #NationalDogDay this week. (Oh and here’s something funny – when I went to post my pupper photos, I realized at the last second that I wrote “NationalDONGDay” (sorry, mom) and fixed it, thank God. I’m sure I would have picked up some lovely new followers, though.) Anyways, while I’m sure 99% of the population found it super annoying, I loved it so much. I don’t know why, but I’m always so obsessed with seeing people’s pets. I feel like it says so much about a person, what breed they have, their names, all that fun stuff. I hope I love my kid as much as I love my dogs. (Kidding!! kind of.)
- I just finished reading Landline, by Rainbow Rowell. I waited a while to read this one because I went through a super bingy Rainbow Rowell frenzy and read like 4 of her books after I fell in love with Eleanor & Park about a year ago. Then I realized we needed a break, and I just got around to this one. I definitely enjoyed it, but I have to say it wasn’t my favorite. Why is it that I just love young adult books? I’m eternally 11, I think. I also just started reading Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn and I’m thinking I might like this one. I heard it’s good to have a couple books on standby when your new babe comes, especially for all those fun late-night feedings. Any suggestions for me? I’ve also thought maybe now is the time to listen to that podcast, “Serial”, that everyone was hyping a few months ago.
- I’m struggling on TV these days, I feel like I’m just in a waiting period for all my favorite shows to come back. I think I’m still most excited for the Affair and the Leftovers. I actually bailed on True Detective with about 3 episodes left. I just couldn’t do it. I feel like I owe it to pop culture to finish it out, but I seriously just caaaan’t. Like how can you take such a beautiful show and just ruin it? Or such a beautiful actress?! For real, if you take Rachel McAdams and make her not the most attractive person on earth, you’re doing it wrong. Mostly I’m just watching Big Brother, Housewives and Bachelor in Paradise. So all reality trash. Sorry, brain.
- This weekend I think I’m going to go buy ALL the September issues of fashion magazines and drown myself in clothing I can’t afford and hair and makeup I can’t pull off. This is my favorite time of year, when summer winds down and I can start dreaming about cooler weather and all the wonderfulness that comes along with it. I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to summer, but I have to admit when I walked out the door to go to work this morning, I breathed in the air and felt a little like throwing my arms up Maria Von Trapp style and swirling around. Then I hit construction and sat at a red light for 20 minutes and returned to my curmudgeony self.
Have the happiest of weekends, my friends! xoxo