It’s Friday!!! (insert angel choirs singing) Sorry I’m a bit late today, but I forgot to set the auto publish last night, and well, I was maybe watching Parenthood while finishing this up, so excuse typos. (Also I still want to be a Braverman.)
1. Long week. Can you tell? It should have been considered a short week since I was out of town Sunday and Monday, but I was working, so -> long week. But I can’t really complain because the event we shot was in Pinehurst, NC, and I got to meet a few pretty sweet celebs and interview them, aka my dream job. Also the weather was hot, but gorgeous, and I spent most of my time cruising around on a golf cart and rubbing elbows with athletic elite. I have to say, Brian Urlacher and Mike Ditka were both the nicest guys, I feel like meeting them made me a bit of an honorary Bears fan (although Eagles will always be my #1). I also met Ben Rothlisberger, which most of my friends and family were excited about, but as you know, there is only one PA team I acknowledge. John Daly was amazing, though, and pure entertainment. Enjoy some pictures of the event in which I look super pregnant and excited. I thought about posting a collage and saying “Guess the father!” on instagram, but though perhaps that would be in bad taste. Still makes me giggle though.
2. I want to take this moment to apologize for my strong hatred I expressed in last week’s AFTF regarding yard sales. I’VE SEEN THE LIGHT! Mom and I hit some new ‘hoods last week and, kiiiiiilllt it. I’m talking saved at least $800. Ok so it’s not all brand new and shiny, which was a bit hard for me to get over at first, but then I thought about all the money we saved and was like, oh right. So there it is, I am a convert. #yardsales4lyfe.
The key was definitely getting there early and hitting the nicer neighborhoods that had lots of sales close to one another. Thank you to those who encouraged me to try again, as always, you guys are right.
3. Since spending money at yard sales wasn’t quite enough, I hit up Home Goods this week while I was near one (sadly the closest one is about 40 minutes away) and it was a whole new experience. Gone are the days of perusing candles that smell of warm spices, fancy drink ware and snacks that pair nicely with Sauv Blanc. Now it’s straight to the baby stuff, with a quick stop in the pet section, because I love my best guys. I did find some aden + anais loot on clearance (which I’ve been told is good stuff), some super cute chevron bins and of course, some lavender spray for the pups because they fancy.
I’ve decided to go with a pink/mint color scheme for the nursery so these shall fit in quite nicely. I’d also like to make a trip to Hobby Lobby, which again we don’t have one nearby, but I think I can definitely find a lot of the little decor type stuff there. Also I should probably take a look at Pinterest, but then again, I am pretty hit or miss when it comes to being crafty so it might just make me angry that I lack the patience needed for most DIY things. Anywhere else I should check out?
3. Since I’m on a roll with baby talk (sorry anyone who doesn’t care about this stuff, I used to be one of you), I wanted to mention a few of the items that I am really hoping I get from my registry, and hoping for some feedback from people that may have them to clarify if they’re really worth the hype. See below and please chime in with opinions!
- 4Moms Mamaroo (I thought about the rockaroo instead, but for some reason I am more drawn to this one. I feel like I could stare at it swiveling around for hours…)
- Solly Baby Wrap (I just feel like this looks so comfy and I’ve heard awesome things about it. Plus the girl who started it and does the tutorials is so cute I just can’t help but want to support her.)
- Sophie the Giraffe teether ($25 seems excessive to me for a teether, but people swear by this thing. Are the rumors true? Is it really everything it’s cracked up to be? Can’t I just use some old rubber spoons or something?)
- Video Baby Monitor System (I’ve heard tales that you can find these cheaper as just “video surveillance systems “on Groupon and things, but do they really work as well? Thoughts?)
So that’s about it, those are most of the big-ticket items that I’m wondering about. Also, can I just tell you what an a-hole I feel like putting things that cost this much money on a list of items I want people to buy for us? Registries are so weird.
Ok, that’s it for this week – have an amazing Memorial Day Weekend and a humongous thank you to all those who have served and are still serving our country!