It never fails to amaze me how quickly Friday at 5pm turns into Sunday evening. Weekends seriously seem to be flying by lately, despite every effort to grab them by the horns and hold on for dear life. If I could, I would wring out my Sunday evenings like a sponge, squeezing out every last drippity drop. What can I say, I’m a girl who likes her down time. Because let’s be honest,
that laundry’s not going to do itself DVR’s not gonna clear itself out. So even though it’s already come and gone, here are some of the fun things I did this weekend.
5. I made bread! Hooray! You may not remember a semi-recent post where I spoke of a massive dinner failure, but part of that included my first go-round with the bread maker ending in almost tears. But not this time! I threw this loaf together on Friday night, after dreaming of nothing but dipping wonderfully fresh bread into a vat of olive oil to accompany my wine. I followed the instructions for the bread maker, added some rosemary and it was fab. FAB I tell you!
4. Drinking fancy wine. Brandon’s best friend has worked for the LCB for some time now, and is always a great resource for good wine selections. Occasionally he brings us a new bottle to try. This was one of the best I’ve had so far. And just to show you how inexperienced I am, I saw the little crystals on the bottom of the cork and started freaking out, thinking the wine had gone bad. Apparently that is actually indicative of good quality and not a reason to make a pouty face. They’re also called “wine diamonds” so clearly I am a fan.
3. I went to the theatre. (thee-a-ta). Ok, so maybe it was just a high school performance of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but it was freaking fantastic. I went to see a friend’s daughter make her debut as an Oompa Loompa, but I have to say, I would totally go to another show just for fun. I was a huge theater geek growing up and loved nothing more than claiming center stage and belting out show tunes. This brought back that feeling of excitement and joy I used to feel, and I was honestly in awe of the talent these kids have.
2. I perfected my sock bun. Yes, this is a big deal to me. I hand-to-God stared at it in the mirror for a good 10 minutes. I even made Brandon come and see. (He was not nearly as impressed. Or impressed at all…) But for a girl who loves nothing more than a chic way to do her hair in under 5 minutes, this is gold, Jerry. Full disclosure, I actually used a scrunchie instead of a sock, so I’m not sure if I can actually call it a “sock” bun, but I’m also kind of embarrassed that I just admitted to owning a scrunchie, so I’m going to move along.
1. I mean, seriously. Is my nephew the cutest? You don’t have to answer, I know he is. While I do not support the sweatshirt worn in this photo, I 100% fully support the snuggling of this little man.
So assuming you made it this far and care enough to read about my weekend happenings, I hope you had a great one too and wish you a happy Monday! Recipe coming tomorrow for one of my new favorite quick & easy dinners….
What was the best thing you did this weekend?