1. Every New Year someone says “I can’t believe it’s _______! Remember when it was 1999 and we were all fah-reaking out that the world was going to end?!?!” And they smile all goofy and wide-eyed, and sometimes I just stare at them and say, “I don’t remember much since the ‘incident’…” and walk away. Because things like that are fun for me.
2. I HAVE A NEW SHOW ADDICTION. (Yes, that deserves all caps.) Anyways, I watched the entire first season, and caught up on the second season of Revenge last weekend and, um, wowza. Just amazingness. Any show with a kick-ass chick that can do like, kung-fu and manipulate people with her tricky, smoldering, womany ways is always a win in my book, but this show is like a legit soap opera. Every week someone is getting slapped, divorced or murdered and I LOVE IT. If you need a good show to fill in some down time, I highly recommend it. Also, there is some serious sexual man candy and I have a huge girl crush on Emily Thorne/real Amanda Clark.
3. So about that Target/Neiman Marcus collaboration… would you think less of me if I told you I returned everything I bought a week after I first bought it at full price and then just re-purchased everything at 70% off? Ok then I didn’t… (I did.) But a Marc Jacobs clutch at $20 is cray. And now someone please slap me for saying “cray.”
4. I like to think of myself as a pretty independent little lady, but when it comes to anything car-related I’m hot mess. For example, I had that little “tire pressure” light come on in my car last week and immediately pulled off the road and called my boss, screaming that I had a flat tire and I’d be super late for work. Turns out that just means you need more air. Also the fact that my tire wasn’t flat would have been a great clue for that.
5. I went to Dunkin Donuts this week and had the guy at the counter predict my drink order like a boss. I’m talking: Medium latte, skim milk with a flavor. He couldn’t guess that the flavor was coconut, but HOLY CRAP! I don’t know what this says about me, if I’m like, some kind of mark for frothy warm drinks or if my man was psychic, but I assure you I’d never been to that DD before and now I’m going to have to go back in nothing less than a full disguise and re-test this phenomenon.
6. I am a total failure in the kitchen these days. I like to think it’s because of the holidays, but I feel like I haven’t cooked an actual meal in months. At least nothing new or remotely exciting. I made it through my 30-days of Paleo (barely), having tried a few new things, but mostly I’ve been throwing crap in a crockpot or eating scrambled eggs. I need inspiration, people!!
So let me know if you have any good recipes that I should try in the comments, and you can even leave links, that shit doesn’t bother me. Enjoy your weekends, loves, catch you on the flip side!