Happy Valentine’s Day, e-lovers! You guys are all the like, the foam to my latte. Wait that sounds kind of gross… but whatever, you know what I mean. I like you. A lot.
So where was I? Oh right! A few things Friday. Let’s do it.
2. (I already did one, it was you guys remember? Geez, you forget so easily.) So obviously it snowed a lot and everyone is super stabby about it, myself included, but what’s really grinding my gears is that my wardrobe is suffering immensely. Forget about any shoes other than Uggs or snow boots. I nearly ruined a pair of suede booties the other day because I thought MAYBE it was safe to wear them, but no, road salt was not having it and they ended up looking a rather ashy shade of grey after 20 minutes. And let’s not even talk about the white lines I have on the back of every single pair of pants and tights I own. You’d think I’d be able to get out of the car unscathed at this point but apparently I never learn. Groan.
3. I alluded to my new favorite kitchen tool earlier this week, but I just want to take a moment to briefly geek out about it.
It’s the spiralizer. Which already sounds awesome and kind of bad ass, right? Basically it just takes your boring old veggies and turns them into fun little spirals of goodness. I’ve made all sorts of “pasta” with it, from sweet potatoes and zucchini to beets and eggplant. Even if I wasn’t paleo, I would still think was the Dean’s peanuts. I’m a huge over-eater when it comes to pasta (and really just carbs in general) so this has been an amazing way for me to cut back while I’m trying to re-health myself. Plus there’s a few great blogs out there with tons of recipes for this guy (this is my fave) and really, who doesn’t love a curly sweet potato fry?
3. I finally caught up with Shameless yesterday and um… WOWZA. That show. If any of you are watching it, you know what I’m talking about, and if you’re not, well you should. Just be warned it’s pretty intense. And I will never get over how talented William H. Macy is at playing a degenerate drunk.
4. So I FINALLY read “Gone Girl” (ok, I listened to it, but don’t hate, it helps pass the time while I’m traveling and I get car sick when I read) but anyways, I kind of didn’t like it. *hides behind something* Before you tell me I’m crazy, let me start by saying I figured the whole thing out almost immediately, and the ending? Meh. Not my favorite. I enjoyed the ride of the whole thing, but the ending is so important to me, and I just feel like it could have gone a different/better way. I just started reading (yes, READING) “The Fault in Our Stars” and I can already tell I’m going to love it.
5. You guys… I’m going to California! I know. You don’t even know how excited I am to blow this arctic tundra and get some sunshine on my vampire skin. I will miss Brandon and Mac and I wish they could come with me (it’s for work) but at this point all I can think about is weather over 50. And we’ll be traveling from top to bottom so I’ll get to see a lot of beautiful scenery and cities that I’ve always wanted to visit, but PAH-LEASE share if you’ve got any recommendations for me! We are already planning on the 17 mile drive and obviously I’m trying to make them stop at the Full House house (because duh) but otherwise I’m open to ideas.
Alright my little candy hearts, I hope you all have lovely Valentine’s Days!