Oh hai. I’m Jess. Welcome to my blog! Were you hoping to find out some random useless info about me and
at least one picture of my dogs? You’re in luck, my friends.
On Being Stealthy:
Nothing gives me joy like sneaking healthier ingredients into my food that may scare some people but taste delicious. I also like hiding behind doorways when I hear someone coming so I can jump out and scare them. Fun for days.
I thoroughly enjoy finding ways to be DL-thrify. This involves the easiest of DIY projects, and lots of shopping at Target and T.J. Maxx.
I will splurge occasionally on things like beauty products or items of clothing that I omg–absolutely-can’t-live-without, but for the most part, I’m very budgety. I know that’s not a word, but it should be.
On My Recipes:
I am what you call a “non-professional”. I cook what I love to eat, and take mediocre (at best) photos. There are some great blogs out there with beautiful photography…mine’s not one of them. But if you like good, simple to cook, tasty food, mixed into my stream of consciousness, I’m your girl. I also do a lot of “inspired by” type recipes, usually changing up the ingredients enough that I consider them my own spin, and will always give credit where that shiz is due.
More On My Favorite Topic: Me!
- I am married to a man with some seriously sweet dimples who does horrible impressions. (Don’t tell him I said that). His name is Brandon, sometimes I refer to him as “B” on the blog. In real life I refer to him in a bunch of other ways that I’ll leave off here for now.
- We have two rescue dogs that are completely crazy, but we love them for it/despite it.
- I have two different colored eyes (left is brown + right is green) – isn’t that weird??
- I watch a LOT of TV. Like…. lots. It’s my favorite downtime activity. I also enjoy reading and knitting. I realize that makes me a grandma. Is it a good time to mention I go to bed at like 8:30? TURN DOWN YOUR MUSIC!
- I drink wine. A lot. It’s probably my biggest vice, but one that I love dearly.
- I’m a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan.
- I’m 5 minutes late for everything. (No seriously, everything.)
- I use parentheses way more than I should.
- I am a total homebody. I love nothing more than to sit on my couch in sweatpants and spend some
QT with my DVR and my pups.