Why hello there, friday friends. Let’s jump right in, shall we?
1. Once a year my mom’s tree peonies bloom and I die with jealousy of her green thumb and appreciation of their beauty. How does something so gorgeous and perfect exist in nature? (Fighting the urge to make a comment that I try, but it’s hard – ha ha). Seriously though, if I could fill my house with one flower it would be this one. Although they are just a small part of the loveliness that is my parents’ courtyard (which my mom has put her blood, sweat & tears into creating.) Picture where Anne of Green Gables has tea with her closest group of fairy friends. I’ll work on a picture, but that about sums it up.
2. Can we talk for a second about how I am a huge dork? Not in the cute Zooey Deschanel way, but like, I am genuinely excited that fanny packs are somehow trendy again. I dare you to argue the convenience of them, both in casual social situations, but also like, when I’m walking my dogs and my iPhone arm band keeps sliding off, and the poo-bag holder keeps clanging against my hand, and I have keys tied to my shorts because I’m scared someone is casing the joint for the moment we leave, and on and on and on. What would solve all these problems, I ask? You know it: fanny pack. I realize I’m not going anywhere super hip anytime soon, like Coachella where I could potentially pull this look off, but if I could find a way to make them work for me without just completely giving up on life, that is the dream.
3. I have one goal this weekend, and that is to finally break out the sewing machine that’s been sitting in the soon-to-be nursery and teach myself how the hell to use it. I’ve been slowly collecting pins on how to make things like maxi dresses, maternity tops and other random DIY items, and it’s time to get crackin’. I’ve always be so envious of people that can sew, not that I ever need to hem anything as I’m 5’9 and a perfect candidate for the Harlem Globe Trotters, but I love the whole Von Trapp family concept of making your own clothes. Let’s not get carried away and assume I’ll be making anything more intricate than a flowy dress or trying out for Project Runway in the near future (does anyone even watch that anymore?), but dammit I’m going to try.
I always do, Tim.
4. I’m almost done with Parenthood (like 4 episodes left?!?) and I’m FAH-REAK-ING OUT.
…Got it? Ok.
Wtf is going on with Joel and Julia?? They were like, my favorite, well mostly Joel, and now he’s being such an ass! If they don’t get this shit together before the series ends I am going to be super pissed. <END SPOILERS>
Also, I literally just figured out that the show is totally based off the movie. I know, I am a complete idiot. The movie was on a few weekends ago and I had this huge a-ha moment and then complete embarrassment washed over me for not figuring it out sooner. Anyways, I’m almost done, and will now need something new to
go along with my nightly bowl of ice cream watch. I’m actually thinking I might re-watch Felicity since it’s been a few years and I’m currently going through Kerri Russell withdrawal since the Americans is on hiatus. Bravo has a couple new shows coming that I have exactly 0% interest in watching, so that’s out, plus Southern Charm is over so boooo. What are you guys watching??
5. I lost my favorite necklace two weeks ago (this one from Banana Republic) and I just broke down and ordered another one this weekend. It was 40% off, so I felt justified, but who wants to bet money that the day it arrives I find the other one?
Have a great weekend and hopefully I’ll report back with good results from the sewing studio! …Fingers crossed I don’t sew my hand to anything.