1. It’s Fridayyyy! And I’m sick. Womp womp. Not like, super-duper can’t-get-out-of-bed sick, but I have a miserable cold that has me hacking often and sleeping very little. And since I’m with child and a hippy I’m scared to take anything for it so I’m just kind of dealing with it. At least I’ve got hours and hours of Parenthood to relax and watch this weekend. And my little friends have been keeping me company, which always helps.
2. Speaking of Parenthood, obviously I love it as everyone who told me to watch it said I would, but also it’s kind of terrifying me about having a girl. SO much drama! And I was even a good kid, like nerdy and played sports and didn’t even date until I was like 17, and still. D-r-a-m-a. Sure, the punk rock phase was probably a little alarming and then there was the boyfriend who got arrested over my graduation weekend, but in the grand scheme of things, I was pretty good. …I feel a lot of “I told you so” looks in my future from a certain mother of mine, and I will deserve every one of them.
3. Have I ever mentioned that I really dislike baking? It’s way too specific for me, and I don’t really have much of a sweet tooth, but in general I just don’t love it. Last weekend I had a pretty serious craving for muffins and some very over-ripe bananas so I figured, what the hell.
But seriously, what the hell. Apparently almond flour, though expensive, not great for muffins.
4. I am in a bit of a TV slump lately. Besides Game of Thrones (which, I feel, so far this season has been freaking awesome) I’m not that impressed with most of my other shows. I’m also really loving these recaps. I’m not excited to crack open my DVR each night like I used to be. Grey’s is a freaking joke (seriously, why am I still watching this) and Mad Men is good, but I think my sadness for it ending has me almost not wanting to watch it. All the reality trash I’m usually so enamored by is leaving me less than satisfied. Have the Housewives run their course with me? Has Southern Charm lost it’s luster? Who is this person I’m becoming??! I have a strong suspicion that the absence of wine in my diet has something to do with this.
5. I’m working tomorrow morning at an event, shooting a video for the Humane Society’s annual 5K Run/Walk. It’s funny because I’ve never been able to make this event, for some reason I’ve always had a conflict, but swore as soon as I could make it, I would run it. (HA!) So for a few reasons (the main being I had a come-to-Jesus moment last year with running, as in, I hate it and it will never happen for me), the second being I’m halfway to babytown, I will not be running, but I’m actually really excited to be able to support them in this way. So I’m going to take a hot second to do a quick plug and encourage you all to check out your local Humane Society and see if there’s anything you can do to help. Even just dropping off a few jars of peanut butter or a pack of paper towels makes a HUGE impact! And also: animals <3. I shall step off my soap box now.
Hope you all have great weekends and hopefully I will feel human again by the end of mine. Byyeeeeee.